AN AUTOMATED OFFERING PROGRAM Q&A’s
This year as we focus our attention on being more faithful stewards of God’s blessings, we again want to remind everyone of the opportunity the Simply Giving® program offers.
1. What is Simply Giving? Simply Giving® is an automated giving program designed to help you conveniently and consistently give your offering to Emmanuel. Through Simply Giving®, your offerings are made through a pre-authorized withdrawal from your bank account or credit card. You determine the frequency of you automatic gift weekly, semi-monthly or monthly-the option is yours. Your gift or payment is deposited into Emmanuel’s bank account on the same day it is withdrawn from your account at no cost to you or Emmanuel. Simply Giving® allows you to share your gifts through planned giving and converts your generosity into ongoing stewardship. Because your gift is given consistently, you won’t need to play “catch-up”, at year-end or worry about forgotten checkbooks or missed Sunday offerings. Emmanuel benefits from steady, more predictable revenues throughout the year, more efficient bookkeeping and greater confidence in meeting its financial commitments.
2. What kind of experience have you had with the program? Emmanuel qualified and enrolled in the fall of 2006. For those who are already in the program the experience has been really good. When you are out of town, these electronic offerings insure you are still able to support your church.
3.What was involved in setting up an allotment or account with Simply Giving®? Since Emmanuel is enrolled in Simply Giving® already, members only need to obtain a form from the Information Center in the lobby, complete it and return it to Tammy Leary. Tammy will handle the rest for you.
4. How would you increase or decrease your offering? You can change your offering amount anytime by resubmitting the enrollment form with the new amount and mail it in yourself. You will receive written notification that Simply Giving® has received your request and advised of the new activation date. Those who have made changes to their offerings have reported no problems in doing so.
5. How are you notified of your offerings, such as a year-end statement for tax purposes? Simply Giving sends us a year-end statement. Since offerings are regularly withdrawn, it is easy to know if your annual contributions have been recorded correctly in Emmanuel’s records. We have never had any discrepancies with the Simply Giving program.
6. Have you had any negative experiences with the Simply Giving program? Just the occasional odd look when the offering plate is received and passed on without depositing envelopes. There is an option to turn in a card which Simply Giving® or Emmanuel can provide to members who want something to put in the plate.
7. How can I obtain additional information on the Simply Giving® program? Individuals may also contact our Treasurer, Tammy Leary (410-360-9061) or Pastor Bob. If you are with Thrivent Financial, your financial representative also may be able to answer your questions.
Please consider giving your church offerings to the church through the Simply Giving® program. It’s an easy, convenient and consistent way to be faithful in our stewardship giving!!